FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Fresh Meat!

Quote Dan:

We consult a Windows 3.11 powered cyber-ouja board, filter the results through a tea strainer, pick out the live bits, and microwave the rest. Then we take that to consult with the nasty old lady (the one with two remaining teeth, a chicken bone for an earring, and a sack of garlic tied around her left ... wrist) over on the wrong side of town -- next to the swamp gas pockets -- and get a list of appropriate victims er ... names from her.

Then we chuck that into the recycle bin and begin considering such things as: willingness to help, consistency, good temper, resistance to hairpulls, displayed good judgement, strong people skills, successful treatment regimes for most psychological syndromes and disorders, and a clean arrest record.

In short, if you're helpful, consistent, level headed, knowledgeable, and cool under fire, with a reasonably long history on the forums, you're probably already on the list of those being watched.
    I would say that a "well done" is in order for anyone who can get through that selection process

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billybob linux
    I would say that a "well done" is in order for anyone who can get through that selection process
    It was certainly tough. 90% of the time, the ouja merely accuses the dead of performing illegal operations which must be shut down...
    Last edited by Gareth Jones; 10th July 2012 at 07:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congragulation Gareth Jones and DBelton. Lets the fun begin.
    Desktop CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Memory: 64GB DDR4-RAM - GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ Pure Radeon RX 6950XT 16GB Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 GB NVMe, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVMe and NAS WD 7200 RPM 4TB for backup - OS: Fedora 38 Design Suite x86-64 and Windows 11 64-bit
    Laptop Dell Inspiron 14 7425 2-in-1 - APU: AMD Ryzen 7 5825U - Memory: 32GB DDR4-RAM - Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe - OS: Fedora 38 Design Suite x86-64

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Jones
    I still have all my hair, but we'll see how long it lasts now.
    Bwa ha ha ha ha!!!!! Oh yeah, and congratulations to the both of you
    "For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world, but loses his own soul?"

- Jesus

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    We consult a Windows 3.11 powered cyber-ouja board, filter the results through a tea strainer, pick out the live bits, and microwave the rest. Then we take that to consult with the nasty old lady (the one with two remaining teeth, a chicken bone for an earring, and a sack of garlic tied around her left ... wrist) over on the wrong side of town -- next to the swamp gas pockets -- and get a list of appropriate victims er ... names from her.

Then we chuck that into the recycle bin and begin considering such things as: willingness to help, consistency, good temper, resistance to hairpulls, displayed good judgement, strong people skills, successful treatment regimes for most psychological syndromes and disorders, and a clean arrest record.

In short, if you're helpful, consistent, level headed, knowledgeable, and cool under fire, with a reasonably long history on the forums, you're probably already on the list of those being watched.

Ahhhh.. That explains it then! That nasty old lady sounds like a girl I went to high school with

And when I heard that Gareth was chosen as well, the Gnome shell debate had entered my mind, but thought it was just coincidence.... until I read this post.

Congrats Gareth. Hope you can make it through your tour of duty with all of your hair still intact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great... two more people to watch from.... release the kraken.....

Oops... that post goes someplace else...

Congrats... to both... Gareth Jones and DBelton...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to you two!!!

We are The Borg -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8
    2 dual cores, 11 GB RAM, F18 Spherical Cow - 3.11.10-100.fc18.x86_64 / i686
    2 dual cores, 11 GB RAM, F19 Schrödinger's Cat - 3.14.25-100.fc19.x86_64 / i686
    2 dual cores, 11 GB RAM, F20 Heisenbug - 3.17.4-200.fc20.x86_64 / i686
    2 dual cores, 11 GB RAM, F21 - 3.17.4-300.fc21.x86_64 / i686
    80 x86_64 computing cores, 144 GB RAM & 8 SATA Seagate 7200.12 500 GB harddisks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to Gareth and DBelton and happy retirement to Evil_Bert you'll be missed.

I think Fedoraforum is the most informative, friendly, welcoming and helpful there is. For me this an important part of deciding the distro to stay with. So to all please keep up the good work
    OSS - the way forward

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12