Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 26th July 2006, 09:31 PM
zeddy Offline

pthread_cond_timedwait consuming 100% CPU

I am having issues with pthread library. whenever any of my threads, blocks on pthread_cond_timedwait(,) or pthread_cond_wait(), CPU usage jumps to 100 %. I have tried this on FC 3 & 4. Could I have missed something ? By the way, I am a newbie .....
Old 27th July 2006, 06:29 PM
zeddy Offline

pthread_cond_timedwait(,,) consuming 100% CPU

Problems Solved :
My throttles were set too low. Hoever, I would only satuarate the CPU as soon as I went in to wait, thus was led to think this had to do with the pthread libraries. Thanks all for helping out.
Old 2nd September 2006, 01:42 AM
scho Offline

Unhappy

I am also a newbie.... Could you, please, explain how you re-set the throttles ?

I am also having problem in my code. Currently, I am using 8 threads and the machine
has 4 CPUs and each of them is dual cores so basically, I can use 8 threads to maximize
the parallel processing. Usually, I got 8times speed up compared to using just 1 thread,
but somehow I haven't got the speed up after newly installing Fedora Core 5 from redhat
enterprise AS version 4.

Thanks,
--

Tags
100% , consuming , cpu , pthreadcondtimedwait