<---- template headericclude ----->
RealPlayer
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RealPlayer

I've installed RealPlayer, and read the posts on here about making it working with Firefox, but whenever I click on a real player link the realplayer comes up and then just goes blank as attached.

Has anybody else seen this or knows how to fix it ? Any help,

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wayne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PompeyBlue
    I've installed RealPlayer, and read the posts on here about making it working with Firefox, but whenever I click on a real player link the realplayer comes up and then just goes blank as attached.

Has anybody else seen this or knows how to fix it ? Any help,

Thanks
    Sigh! Yep, see it all the time, been through trying to see if there's a fix but no luck. Just have to click on the 'Open in stand alone player' link.

Wayne

henshaw Guest
    Is that realplayer video? I've seen this. It seems to be a conflict between mplayer and realplayer, at least in my case. I guess if you 'Open in stand alone player' you get mplayer, not realplayer?

You could try closing firefox, 'touch'ing the mplayerplug* or nphelix.* files in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ and trying again. This will change which plugins firefox gives priority to (the set with the most recent timestamp iirc). You might find a combination that works better, but if not there's always the standalone player option.
    Last edited by henshaw; 27th April 2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: forgot path to plugins

Wayne Guest
    There are mplayerplug-ins that contain a RealPlayer 9 compatible plugin for Firefox but the one I use doesn't.

Wayne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks,
    If I open in standalone mode then I get realplayer and everything works fine so I know the stream is alright and realplayer is alright. It just appears that the plugin is not ?

At least I know I'm not the only one, although it did work some time ago....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry,I can't help anything.I'm keeping my eyes on the solution.I am suffering the similar problem!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a try the firefox plugins:
    mediawarp and mediaplayerconnectivity!~~~
    ^ _^

Wayne Guest
    I'm fed up with RealPlayer anyway, the picture quality isn't that great either. I just took a look at the Daily Telegraph's site and their streaming audio/video uses Flash. It's much better than the BBC's video quality.

Wayne