<---- template headericclude ----->
Problem Switching Workspaces
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    DigitalShen Guest

Problem Switching Workspaces

hey everybody! so as my first post, I'm hoping someone can help me out a bit. I'm a relatively new Linux user, and the problem I'm having is on a new fedora core 9.0 install, i somehow lost the functionality of being able to switch between or even access workspaces 2-4. I can send programs to those workspaces, but I can do anything after that, the program just sits in t background, until I logout or reboot. Any help will be MUCH appreciated, thanks in advance!

Edit: GNOME interface, Desktop effects enabled (but didnt seem to make a difference if disabled)
    Last edited by DigitalShen; 2nd July 2008 at 06:17 AM.

Wayne Guest
    Post split into a new thread.

Wayne
    Last edited by Wayne; 2nd July 2008 at 05:47 AM.

DigitalShen Guest
    Thank you, I didn't realize the other post was so old.

Wayne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalShen
    Thank you, I didn't realize the other post was so old.
    Yes, it's always a good idea to check the dates on threads before posting. We get a lot of skeletons dug up

Back on topic, you really need to give more info when asking for help. You say you're running Fedora 9, but you don't say whether you're running Gnome or KDE and whether you have Desktop Effects enabled. The devil is in the details! The more info you provide, the better the folks here can help you. When you have time, read the red link in my sig, it'll tell you how to get the most from the forum and the other 3 are a goldmine of help for installing extra stuff.

Wayne

DigitalShen Guest
    ok guys, the problem seems to have fixed itself, I tried disabling Desktop Effects, the re-enabling them, turned on "Workspaces on a Cube", and the workspaces were again accessible. I then turned off Desktop Effects altogether, and everything (in the way of workspaces) seems to be fine now